So I decided to go back to my beloved brownie base and create something truly
And so easy too. I literally just grabbed my favorite boxed brownie mix, threw Reese’s Minis into the mix and baked it according to the box directions.
For the peanut butter ganache I used 1 cup smooth peanut butter + 1 tbsp shortening (for a nice sheen) then drizzled melted semi-sweet chocolate chips over the that.
Go ahead. Go make these. You won’t regret it
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
For the Brownies:
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (you can make your favorite scratch-made brownies too!)
- 1/2 – 1 bag of Reese’s Minis
- 1/2 – 1 cup peanut butter (depending on how peanut buttery you want the ganache
- 1 – 2 tbsp. shortening
- Make the brownie mix according to box instructions.
- Add in 1/2 – 1 bag of Reese’s Minis (totally your preference on how much you want in there) to the mix and fold gently until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan (the size will be listed on the back of the brownie mix box).
- Bake the brownies according to the box instructions or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When the brownies come out of the oven, allow to cool for up to a half hour.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter and shortening into a heat-proof bowl and place over a pot of boiling water. Stir vigorously until all the shortening is melted and the mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Pour over cooled brownies and drizzle with additional melted chocolate (optional).