So I made some cupcakes.
But not just any kind of cupcakes.
These were special cupcakes.
Chocolately, fudge and possibly even gluten-free? Someone out there that knows better feel free to review the recipe and correct me if I’m wrong!
Sour Cream Fudge Quinoa Flour Cupcakes (recipe from Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1-1/4 cups Organic Quinoa Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the butter and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Sift together the sugar, quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the cooled cocoa mixture, egg yolks, vanilla and sour cream and blend well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter.
- Spoon into a muffin tin lined with paper cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 cupcakes.