And I’m pretty sure friday calls for ice cream in some form or another.
But I’ve done the cone thing a couple of times now…
And milkshakes just make so many dishes…
So obviously the next logical thing to do was to make an ice cream pie.
You’re following me right?
This had everything on my list when it comes to a frozen dessert:
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Cookie crumble
- Minimal effort/cleanup
The best part is that this pie is so versatile – you can adjust it to whatever you tastes may be. Chocolate, Mint Chip, Peanut Butter, Coffee…the combinations are endless.
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
- Pack of chocolate creme cookies (I used Newman’s Own)
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine (room temperature)
- Quart of favorite ice cream flavor (I used slow-churned cookie dough)
- Container of cool-whip
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine cookies with butter in a food processor and process until well-combined
- Place crumbs in the bottom of a greased pie or round cake pan. Place in freezer for one hour. Meanwhile, remove quart of ice cream from the freezer to allow it to soften enough to spread on top of the cookie crust.
- Remove crust from the freezer and top with softened ice cream, spreading evenly atop the crust then transfer back into the freezer for up to 1 hour (or until ice cream is firm)
- Remove once more from the freezer and top with cool-whip spreading evenly atop the layer of ice cream.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and place back into the freezer until cool-whip is firm (I left mine overnight).
- Remove from freezer in the morning, slice and enjoy!