Oh my was it a special Saturday morning in our house!
I woke up with the need to bake muffins.
That happens to you guys too right?
And if it doesn’t happen to you, you’re still in luck because feeding people is like, my favorite thing in the entire world, so I’ll happily bake up just about anything you’d like and send it your way.
Buying friends with food works.
Especially when said food is gigantic bakery-style muffins slathered in butter…
And then strawberry jam…
Some come be my friend and I’ll give you these.
It’s a fair trade, I promise.
Simple Bakery-Style Muffins (from Cook’s Illustrated)
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups plus 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 0% plain Chobani (or other Greek yogurt)
- Adjust oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray
- Combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs to butter/sugar mixture one at a time then slowly add dry mixture, alternating with yogurt and scraping down the bowl as needed
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (about 25 minutes)
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve!