So I finally got on board with this whole “breakfast pizza” thing.
Can someone please tell me why this is the first time I’ve tried this?
The concept is so simple. Plus it involves eggs and bread…which are basically two of my most favorite foods.
So essentially what I’m saying is that it’s completely unacceptable that I’ve gone 27 years in life without trying it.
Not just making it.
Trying people. Trying! I mean, what am I doing with my life??
Luckily I’ve come to my senses and figured this whole life thing out.
Meaning, I’ve realized I was missing out by not eating breakfast pizza for like, every meal, and have remedied that. Mainly by making breakfast pizza and eating it obsessively.
Whole Grain Naan Breakfast Pizza
- 1 whole grain naan (such as Stonefire)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 3 slices nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced (or more if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place whole grain naan on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Sautee garlic in 2 tsp. olive oil until soft and set aside.
- Cook bacon according to package instructions and let cool about 3 minutes. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Grate mozzarella and parmesan cheese then set aside.
- To assemble, pour half the garlic + olive oil mixture over the naan then sprinkle half the cheese mixture on top of that.
- Layer the fresh spinach then bacon on top of the cheese.
- Top with half the remaining cheese then gently crack the egg, laying it carefully in the center of the naan.
- Sprinkle with the last bit of the cheese mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until egg is cooked the way you like it and the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on a wire cooling rack, then serve!
Serve with tabasco, salsa and even bbq sauce!