I’ve been dying to make this for MONTHS.
I even pinned it way back when.
And boy oh boy do I regret waiting this long to finally get it done. Because this thing is GOOD.
If you do one thing this weekend, it should be to make this.
I mean, people. It’s a cookie THE SIZE OF A SKILLET!
Skillet-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie a la Mode (source: Martha Stewart)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 11/2 cups (about 9 ounces) mixed milk- and semisweet-chocolate chips
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; mix until they are fully incorporated. Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, and press to flatten, covering bottom of pan. Bake until edges are brown and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Don’t overbake; it will continue to cook a few minutes out of the oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm; top each wedge with a scoop of ice cream and some caramel sauce.