So you know the episode in Everwood where Amy decides she wants to dance again after taking a year and a half off? And instead of accepting where she is after so much time off, she instead decides she’s going to cram a year and a half worth of missed-dance classes into a week of non-stop rehearsal in her freezing cold garage?
This is me with skewers.
I feel so slighted by the fact that I’ve gone this long without them, that I now feel the need to skewer everything.
Things that don’t so much work: doughnuts (the hole causes some issues, though I do intend to experiment with munchkins…I’ll get back to you), bread (not so much that it doesn’t work…I’m just not sure it’s the most efficient way to grill bread), hard boiled eggs (just…an overall bad idea).
But anyway, let’s get back to these.
Because these? These work on a skewer.
And they’re super easy.
Plus they look fancy.
Easy Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs
- Strawberries, washed and halved
- Pound cake, cut into cubes
- Whipped cream
- Cooking spray
- Spray grill with cooking spray and heat on high.
- Place strawberries and pound cake onto skewers alternating between the two
- Place skewers on the grill, turning until grill marks are visible on both the strawberries and pound cake
- Remove from grill, serve with whipped cream