So, as some of you may or may not know, I have a small obsession with breakfast parfaits.
But I did something the other day that sort of changed the game for me.
After grilling strawberries this weekend, I realized just how wonderful warm strawberries are. Which then got my wheels turning about what to do with the rest of the batch I had sitting in my fridge.
And then something amazing happened.
Not “amazing” as in tumbling over a vault, flying two feet in the air, contorting my body in all sorts of crazy ways and then sticking a perfect landing.
No. My ‘stint’ with gymnastics lasted about 3 years until I went through a 5 inch growth spurt and was suddenly not as in demand as I once was.
I think I can still do a backflip though….so…there’s that.
I roasted the strawberries.
Backflip be damned. If this were the food olympics, I think I’d at least have a fighting chance at that podium.
Especially if “Make Something Ridiculously Easy but Amazingly Delicious” were an event.
Guys. Be excited!
This made all the difference. It seriously takes parfaits to the next level. I have yet to try an un-roasted strawberry parfait since this…but I’m guessing it’s not going to be as good.
Roasted Strawberry Toasted Coconut Yogurt Parfaits
Makes 2 servings
- 2 6 oz. servings of non-fat plain Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani), divided
- 6 tbsp. shredded coconut (or more depending on how much you want the flavor to come through!)
- 1 pint of strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup favorite granola
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add strawberries into a mixing bowl and pour honey over them, mixing with your hands to fully coat the berries in the honey.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay strawberries on it in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line another baking sheet with parchment paper and add 6 tbsp. shredded coconut. Bake, keeping a close eye and stirring occasionally for 3 minutes (or until coconut just begins to brown). Remove from oven and combine 3 tbsp. with 6 oz. yogurt and the other 3 tbsp. with the remaining 6 oz. Set aside.
- When strawberries are done roasting, begin to assemble your parfait. Add a layer of the toasted coconut yogurt, top with granola, roasted strawberries, granola, yogurt and roasted strawberries (or order of your choice). Top with a spoonful of syrup from the pan of roasted strawberries and serve!