This almost looks too good to be gluten-free, right?
But the exciting part is that is truly is. 100%.
It get stupidly excited over things that satisfy specific dietary requirements and still taste delicious.
This is one of those things.
I mean, the odds were definitely stacked in my favor…don’t think I don’t know that.
It’s hard to go wrong with pesto, chicken and pasta.
But gluten-free noodles can go wrong. Very, very wrong. If you’re not careful.
Luckily I was careful. And this was delicious. So go make and get excited with me!
Gluten-Free Chicken Pesto Fettuccine (from my Health.com blog)
- 1 pound gluten-free fettuccine (I used brown-rice based Tinkyada fettuccine noodles)
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto (you can use homemade if you prefer and you can use more as well!)
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to box directions, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt Earth Balance in canola oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned and firm to touch, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp. fat from skillet. Add tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Ladle off 1 cup pasta water and set aside.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add chicken, tomatoes and reserved pasta water. Stir in pesto and mix well until ingredients are coated.