Is there anything better than a good fluffy pancake?
I can tell you – there’s not.
My love of pancakes it much like my love of mornings – unconditional. It doesn’t matter the time of day, there’s always room for them.
The only thing that can make them a little better is when you can consider them semi-good for you!
And that my friends, is exactly what you can consider these.
Good [For You] Fluffy Pancakes (from my Health.com series)
Makes a lot of pancakes.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups of plain soymilk
- 3 ounces 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flours and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked; turn and cook other side. Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup, fresh berries, nut butter, yogurt or any other toppings of choice!