So, I realize the majority of you know what I eat for dinner on a daily basis.
For those of you that don’t and want to know? Follow me on Instagram.
Today I wanted to share one of my favorite easy main dishes. This is one I turn to often when I want to minimize time spent and maximize nutrition!
I actually can’t take credit for this dinner. I read about it a while back in a summer issue of Runner’s World but it’s quickly become a favorite in our house. Especially when we want to go meatless!
My favorite part about it is how versatile it is. While we normally stick to adding asparagus and mushrooms – you could add any number of different veggies and it would go great. Broccoli, tomatoes, spinach…the list goes on and on. It’s a great way to get whole grains, dairy, healthy fats and veggies all in one meal.
Whole Grain Tortellini with Homemade Pesto
- 1 package of whole grain cheese tortellini (I used Butoni)
For the Pesto (source):
- 2/3 cup pine nuts
- 20 large, fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 whole, peeled garlic cloves
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare cheese tortellini according to the package instructions.
- Combine pesto ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add prepared pesto onto the prepared tortellini and gently mix until well combined
Addition suggestions: Parmesan cheese, sauteed vegetables, sun-dried tomatoes, toasted nuts…the sky’s the limit!