I’ve been on a huge doughnut kick lately. And by that I mean I’ve been obsessively researching recipes in the hopes that I could find the time to make a batch.
And then, suddenly, it hit me. I’d use a shortcut and still get my doughnuts!
I grabbed a box of pumpkin bread and pulled out my mini doughnut maker and was blessed with the best of both worlds – a time saving doughnut recipe!
And, since you all know how I love versatility – one of the best parts of this is the number of different versions you can make. You can top it with nuts, with mini chocolate chips, with candy, sprinkles, powdered sugar….the list goes on and on.
Just try and tell me there’s anything better than pumpkin bread in doughnut form. Just try.
Baked Pumpkin Bread Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
Makes 2 dozen mini doughnuts
- Favorite pumpkin bread box mix
- 1/2 cup dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon earth balance
- 2 teaspoons water
- Prepare pumpkin bread according to box instructions; be careful not to over mix or the doughnuts will be tough.
- Put prepared better into a ziplock bag and snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Carefully squeeze batter out of ziplock bag and into doughnut pan or doughnut maker (I used an electric mini doughnut maker).
- Cook doughnuts according to pan or maker directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips, corn syrup, earth balance, and water together in a small bowl in the microwave (about 30 seconds).
- When the donuts have cooled for 5 minutes, dip the tops into the chocolate glaze and sprinkle with topping of choice.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack so the frosting can set.