As much as I love to bake and cook from scratch (I feel like it’s the tastiest and healthiest way to eat) – I unfortunately don’t always have the time to do that.
So that’s when meals like this come in handy:
Those of you that follow me on Instagram probably recognize the above meal because I’m basically obsessed with it. It’s my go-to meal when I’ve had a long day or just feel too tired to cook.
As far as not-from-scratch meals go, I’d say this is one of the better ones. It’s packed with protein from the beans and the greek yogurt as well as fiber from the chili and the brown rice – it’s even got healthy fats from the homemade guacamole.
Not too bad for a meal that comes together in a matter of minutes, right?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice (I love Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice which is done in 90 seconds)
- 1 cup of your favorite chili (I’m obsessed with Amy’s Organic Medium Chili with Vegetables)
- 1/2 an avocado, mashed and salted
- 1 scoop of 0% fat, plain Greek yogurt (my go-to is Chobani)
- Small handful of your favorite corn chips (Trader Joe’s blue corn chips are my favorite)
Once you have everything on hand, here’s what you do:
- Cook the rice according to instructions
- Heat chili in a separate bowl
- Slice avocado, salt and mash with a fork
- Ladle 1 cup of the chili over 1 cup of the cooked rice then top with mashed avocado and plain yogurt
- Serve with corn chips (they make great scoopers)
A perfectly healthy and filling lunch, dinner or even breakfast if you want to go there!