And if you know me at all, it took only about 15 minutes post-receiving that package for me to get in the kitchen and start baking!
I’d been eyeing the chocolate chunk muffin recipe on the Chobani Kitchen page for a while and I knew immediately that this needed to be the first recipe I went with using my new stash.
I honestly don’t think I could choose the best part of this recipe. It’s simple, delicious and healthy, which in my book makes it pretty much perfect.
They’re also melt-in-your-mouth moist thanks to the yogurt.
OH. And they have chocolate…
…so you know… more than worth the 30 total minutes that they take to make from start to finish.
Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Whole Grain Muffins (from Chobani Kitchens)
Makes 12 muffins
Note: I more or less followed the Chobani recipe exactly however there were a few tweaks (white whole wheat flour for all-purpose, light brown sugar for dark brown sugar) based on personal preference and simply what I had on hand.
- 1¼ cup Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt
- 2¼ cup white whole wheat flour (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, canola oil, eggs, vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir gently until just combined (you don’t want to over-mix as that will make the muffins tough).
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin tin and top each with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (make sure to check on them periodically towards the end, all ovens are different and some may cook much faster than others!)