Easy is the name of the game for me lately when it comes to food intake. As much as I would love to be able to spend all day in the kitchen developing intricate, detailed recipes, I unfortunately just don’t have the bandwidth.
Six classes, an internship and multiple volunteer opportunities have left me incredibly short on leisure time.
That’s where things like this come in!
They taste delicious.
They’re relatively healthy.
They will make your entire house smell like freshly baked banana bread.
And most importantly, they’re done in a matter of minutes.
When every moment of your day needs to be utilized in the best way possible, you just can’t beat the simplicity of options like this.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Favorite pancake mix (I used Bob Red Mill’s 10-Grain)
- 1 incredibly ripe banana
I know, it seems too good to be true, but I swear to you, that’s all I used.
Here’s what you need to do (or, if you don’t have time to do it, your 2 year old…or maybe even your dog, could probably handle it given the complexity of this recipe):
- Preheat waffle iron (if you don’t have one, you can easily make these pancakes)
- Prepare pancake mix according to instructions (I used 2 eggs, 2 tbsp. canola oil and 1/2 cup water for 1 cup of mix)
- Mash banana and whisk into mix.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each waffle mold and close the lid.
- Wait until the machine beeps at you, letting you know it’s done.
- Remove, top with butter and warm syrup.